Friday, February 20, 2015

Are ‎Differently ‎Abled ‪‎Children a ‪Source of ‎Joy

Are ‎Differently ‎Abled ‎Children a Source of ‎Joy? 
Swami
 ‎Tejomayananda
(Part 1)
There are parents who have physically or mentally challenged or differently abled children. Are they also a source of joy? Sometimes such parents think that they must have committed many sins in earlier lives to get a child like this. 

Some people wonder what sins the jeeva has done to have acquired a different body or mind like this.
Here also it is only a question of cultivating the right attitude. Do not waste your time in enquiring about the reasons behind it. The fact is that a jeeva is born here like this. 

Once again, the attitude should be: “I am an #‎instrument of the #‎Lord. God has given me the opportunity to look after this child. I may not be able to serve the whole world; but I can #‎serve this child that has been given to me as a gift by God. This is my seva and #‎worship. It is the good karma of this jeeva that it has come here to me.” Avoid wallowing in self-pity. Please remember that the child does not need pity, but love and understanding. 

Cultivate the thought, “The Lord has given me this responsibility and I will do it to the best of my ability.”
 ----------------------------
Mohana #‎Rama!
Swami #‎Tejomayananda
(Part 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment